Prior to the Deposition
- Inform all involved parties (including witness and opposing counsel) that you wish to conduct a remote deposition.
- Contact your Hanna & Hanna to let them know you would like to set up a remote deposition.
- Email all documents/exhibits by 5:00 p.m. the business day prior to the proceeding date.
- Inform everyone that the deposition will be conducted remotely, and that the oath will be administered remotely as well.
- Make sure your device has a reliable built-in webcam and microphone, or use an external webcam and microphone.
- Ensure you have quality internet connection.
- Close any browsers or programs that might be open to avoid delay in your stream.
Remote depositions have become crucial to the world of law throughout this global pandemic. They allow legal teams to connect with one another over a safe environment. While remote depositions serve the same purpose as in-person depositions, there are a few things one must keep in mind when putting together their remote deposition service.
Rules to Remember for all Depositions
- Give your court reporter the opportunity to gather all appearances before beginning.
- Provide your court reporter a list of keywords/phrases to ensure everything is spelled correctly.
- Speak slowly and clearly, and do not speak over anyone.
- Mute your microphone when not speaking to avoid excess background noise.
- Give your court reporter the chance to clarify any confusion before ending the call.
Hanna & Hanna Reporting is a full-service court reporting firm offering complete legal support services, videoconferencing and deposition suites. We provide a wide variety of services related to the court reporter profession, including realtime, transcription service, closed captioning, litigation support and legal video services.
We offer the professional technical support and legal support that makes your job that much easier. We are a member of NCRA, STAR, NNRC, TCRA, TEXDRA and HCRA. Hanna & Hanna Reporting is privileged to have an exceptionally dedicated and committed staff of professionals for all your court reporting needs.
Hanna & Hanna Reporting is headquartered in Houston, Texas and offers worldwide scheduling of depositions, court reporters and videoconferencing. Our Texas locations can provide local services across the region.
We are Covid-19 Proof!
Schedule A Remote Deposition!
Schedule A Service
Book Your Next Deposition, Conference or Other Event
We provide 24/7 Mobile Booking
Visit our offices or give us a call!
8582 Katy Freeway, Suite 105
Houston, TX 77024
The Court Reporting Firm of Choice for Texas!
Hanna & Hanna is proud of its record of excellence!
- Court Reporting
- Transcript Production
- Trial Support
Houston, Texas Legal and Court Reporting News
Making its reputation on fast and accurate legal transcripts over the past quarter-century-plus, the highly regarded Houston court reporting firm Hanna & Hanna Court Reporting and Legal Video Services helps lawyers in arbitrations, hearings, complex patent...
Credit: South Seattle Emerald For many cases, subpoenas are a crucial step. They are legal documents that require the person served to testify as a witness at a specific date and location for a deposition or trial. The person subpoenaed is not necessarily the one...
Credit: Unsplash Online scheduling has changed the game for many court reporting firms. Once upon a time, to schedule a service attorneys had to either call or fax their court reporting firm of choice. This could be irritating, as it can sometimes be difficult to know...
Credit: WeWork After nearly two years of facing a global pandemic, many companies have made the executive decision to return to their offices. For some, this is a frightening jump. Sharing an office space with others again can seem a bit overwhelming after working...
Credit: Jobrapido In the past, how did you schedule your litigation support service? A phone call, probably-- but if you're anything like most attorneys, you often found that work made it so you couldn't make these calls during normal work hours. Email allowed you the...
Over the past few decades, legal videography has grown to be a staple in the world of litigation support. Many attorneys come to court reporting firms expecting legal videography to be one of the services offered. Firms that don't offer legal video (and a diverse...