Prior to the Deposition
- Inform all involved parties (including witness and opposing counsel) that you wish to conduct a remote deposition.
- Contact your Hanna & Hanna to let them know you would like to set up a remote deposition.
- Email all documents/exhibits by 5:00 p.m. the business day prior to the proceeding date.
- Inform everyone that the deposition will be conducted remotely, and that the oath will be administered remotely as well.
- Make sure your device has a reliable built-in webcam and microphone, or use an external webcam and microphone.
- Ensure you have quality internet connection.
- Close any browsers or programs that might be open to avoid delay in your stream.
Remote depositions have become crucial to the world of law throughout this global pandemic. They allow legal teams to connect with one another over a safe environment. While remote depositions serve the same purpose as in-person depositions, there are a few things one must keep in mind when putting together their remote deposition service.
Rules to Remember for all Depositions
- Give your court reporter the opportunity to gather all appearances before beginning.
- Provide your court reporter a list of keywords/phrases to ensure everything is spelled correctly.
- Speak slowly and clearly, and do not speak over anyone.
- Mute your microphone when not speaking to avoid excess background noise.
- Give your court reporter the chance to clarify any confusion before ending the call.
Hanna & Hanna is a full-service court reporting firm offering complete legal support services, videoconferencing and deposition suites. We provide a wide variety of services related to the court reporter profession, including realtime, transcription service, closed captioning, litigation support and legal video services.
We offer the professional technical support and legal support that makes your job that much easier. We are a member of NCRA, STAR, NNRC and FCRA. Hanna is privileged to have an exceptionally dedicated and committed staff of professionals for all your court reporting needs.
Hanna & Hanna is headquartered in Houston, Texas and offers worldwide scheduling of depositions, court reporters and videoconferencing. Our Texas locations can provide local services across the region.
We are Covid-19 Proof!
Schedule A Remote Deposition!
Schedule A Service
Book Your Next Deposition, Conference or Other Event
We provide 24/7 Mobile Booking
Visit our offices or give us a call!
8582 Katy Freeway, Suite 105
Houston, TX 77024
The Court Reporting Firm of Choice for Texas!
Hanna & Hanna is proud of its record of excellence!
- Court Reporting
- Transcript Production
- Trial Support
Houston, Texas Legal and Court Reporting News
Hanna Reporting is pleased to announce our page on frequently asked questions about court reporting. This page serves as a great resource for legal professionals who want to know just a little more about the world of court reporting or even someone who may be...
Credit: SMS Marketing Hanna Reporting is pleased to announce our mobile-friendly, online scheduling form. Sometimes, attorneys don't have the opportunity to stop and make a call during normal work hours. They could send an email, but it might not be totally clear to...
Credit: PohlmanUSA Remote depositions have grown to be an essential part of today's legal world. Due to the pandemic, they allow us to connect with our legal teams and witnesses over a safe outlet. In a pandemic-free world, remote depositions give clients the...
With the current Coronavirus crisis forcing much of the nation to work remotely Hanna & Hanna is creating a new remote depositions service to facilitate the work of law firms. A remote deposition is a safe, legal, and efficient way for attorneys to keep their...
Credit: Digital Trends Hanna & Hanna Reporting is pleased to announce our remote depositions. As people stay home in order to stay healthy and safe, remote depositions are the perfect solution for attorneys who wish to continue the course of law but want to remain...
Hanna & Hanna Reporting is pleased to announce our realtime court reporting services. Our staff has served the international legal community for over 20 years. We have grown and expanded to provide a centralized operation to assist the worldwide legal community in...