What are the major differences between remote and in-person deposition preparation?
When preparing for remote depositions, you should…
- Inform all involved parties (including the opposing counsel and court reporter) that you wish to host a remote deposition
- Share any documents and exhibits with said parties ahead of time
- Create a clean and professional background
- Make sure your webcam and microphone (built-in or external) are properly operating
- Wear professional attire
- Limit background noise as possible
- Speak slowly, clearly, and do not speak over anyone to ensure everyone is properly heard
Our remote depositions serve attorneys and their teams anywhere they are in the world. While they serve the exact same purpose as an in-person deposition, there are a few aspects of preparation that differ between the two.
When preparing for your in-person deposition, you should…
- Book your meeting space ahead of time
- Inform all involved parties where the deposition will take place
- Reserve any needed equipment at least 48 hours in advance
- Take into account your travel time and expenses
- Dress for court
- Arrive at the space early to ensure proper set-up
Hanna & Hanna Reporting is a full-service court reporting firm offering complete legal support services, videoconferencing and deposition suites. We provide a wide variety of services related to the court reporter profession, including realtime, transcription service, closed captioning, litigation support and legal video services.
We offer the professional technical support and legal support that makes your job that much easier. We are a member of NCRA, STAR, NNRC, TCRA, TEXDRA and HCRA. Hanna & Hanna Reporting is privileged to have an exceptionally dedicated and committed staff of professionals for all your court reporting needs.
Hanna & Hanna Reporting is headquartered in Houston, Texas and offers worldwide scheduling of depositions, court reporters and videoconferencing. Our Texas locations can provide local services across the region.
We are Covid-19 Proof!
Schedule A Remote Deposition!
Schedule A Service
Book Your Next Deposition, Conference or Other Event
We provide 24/7 Mobile Booking
Visit our offices or give us a call!
8582 Katy Freeway, Suite 105
Houston, TX 77024
The Court Reporting Firm of Choice for Texas!
Hanna & Hanna is proud of its record of excellence!
- Court Reporting
- Transcript Production
- Trial Support
Houston, Texas Legal and Court Reporting News
With the current Coronavirus crisis forcing much of the nation to work remotely Hanna & Hanna is creating a new remote depositions service to facilitate the work of law firms. A remote deposition is a safe, legal, and efficient way for attorneys to keep their...
Credit: Digital Trends Hanna & Hanna Reporting is pleased to announce our remote depositions. As people stay home in order to stay healthy and safe, remote depositions are the perfect solution for attorneys who wish to continue the course of law but want to remain...
Hanna & Hanna Reporting is pleased to announce our realtime court reporting services. Our staff has served the international legal community for over 20 years. We have grown and expanded to provide a centralized operation to assist the worldwide legal community in...